Friday, December 16, 2011

Four Phases of Vinod Dave's Art ------- Phase - 4: Books-as-Artworks ----------------------2009 to Date




CLICK A PHASE LINK BELOW TO VIEW THAT PHASE








Publishers engage in commercialization of anti-environmental over supply, hence, more of their products end up as utter waste. To somewhat reverse that, I use leftover, untouched and trashed books/catalogs as my raw material and turn them into art works. Often I have 50 copies of the same catalog as an ‘edition’ but each copy is individually worked upon and has unique character maintained via manual work. I like my work to be treated on real world level and not as a prized element on an elevated pedestal of high art. So I allow viewers to pick them up like regular books for closer observation. As a result (when viewers put the books back), their display shape/size keep altering as if giving them their organic roots back.
-Vinod Dave on his book-arts based works 2009 – now




































One would also wish to see the artist's photography & drawing HERE

No comments: